Sunday, July 26, 2015

Eat. @ Lights in the Attic

38 Camberwell Rd, Hawthorn East 3123 ph (03) 9813 5042


Bubs and I ventured down to Lights in the Attic on one of our brunch roulette adventures.  Like a lot of new cafes in the area, it's on the ground floor of a new small apartment complex.  I've always wondered what it's like to live above a cafe, would the fragrance of coffee and breakfast wake you everyday, or would you get sick of the smell?



Anyway, Lights in the Attic is bright and cheery, and we were quickly seated when we arrived.  I really liked the pendant lights in the over the counter, and also over the bar seats.




I ordered a mocha ($3.8) which utilises Atomica beans.  It was sweet, dark and rich.



I pretty much chose to come here because of the amazing photos of the Birds Nest ($18) I had seen on instagram, so ordering was easy!  This was a scotch eggs with potato chips nest and kransky chilli beans base, and grated parmesan cheese on top.  The beans were delicious and the nest was of course an absolute hit with Bubs, but somehow I didn't love the coating on the scotch eggs as I found it quite sour.  After chatting with the staff who spoke with the chef, I was told that it had vegemite in the mix and bingo!  Not being a fan of vegemite that might explain why I didn't really like it.  The eggs themselves were quite nice though.  



There were lots of interesting menu items I'd like to return to try and hopefully I'll get a chance to pop back again soon!






Click to add a blog post for Lights in the Attic on Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eat.Play.Shop thanks for taking the time to review us. I am glad you enjoyed our decor and the birds nest was a hit with bubs. Hopefully we can see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete