Friday, January 30, 2015

Eat. @ Pop Up Scroll

86 Smith Street, Collingwood 3066 ph 0433 849 281


The next new "old thing" in sweets has "popped up" in Collingwood in the form of Pop Up Scroll. 



I'm always up for something sweet so Bubs and I dropped by for an early afternoon tea the other day. 



We were served by a couple of friendly ladies with cute little aprons and they were very nice to Bubs.  He generally only likes to lick the icing off the top of cupcakes and has the ability to leave the cake perfectly in shape (eww), but to my surprise he wolfed down the mini scroll and we had to get another  (bigger) one which he again devoured!



The scrolls ($4.5, with mini versions for $3) are brioche based which explains the buttery softness. The original cream cheese is simply tasty and I can't blame Bubs for wanting more!



We bought some more scrolls to take home after our afternoon feast.  The Cherry and Pistachio had a delicious caramel topping that made me want to lick the screen of my camera just from taking a photo of it!



The Cherry, Cream Cheese and Gingerbread was a bit fancier and had a lovely Christmas-y feel to it. 



And last but not least we tried the chocolate and caramel.  Couldn't keep the little fingers from my photos, that's how much they liked it!


Can't wait to go back and try more flavours.  I am inspired to try my hand at making some at home too!


Pop Up Scroll on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Oh WoW .. are you going to try to re-create any of these at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pinterest sourced recipe for a lemon one that I'm itching to try, just have to find time!

      Delete