Sunday, October 21, 2012

Eat. @ Coffeehead

8-10 Railway Parade, Camberwell 3124 ph (03) 9831 1400


A rare day off to do some medical tests for myself meant that I could have lunch out with Hubby on a weekday!  He always complains that I try all the cool new places without him (as it's less busy on weekdays) so we went somewhere we both hadn't been before.  Bubs was in full co-operation mode and slept in the pram for the whole meal.


Coffeehead is a spacious converted space just a bit further down Railway Parade from Brunetti's Camberwell.  The fit out is retro and the ambience is casual.  Plenty of room meant that maneuvring our pram to our table was easy and unobtrusive to other diners.


After all the fasting for tests lately I was hanging out for a coffee.  I sipped on my mocha with the pretty latte art and felt a sense of familiarity.  I looked up and spotted my favourite barista from Coffeehit at the machine!  He makes a fantastic coffee and this of course was no exception!


We ordered 2 of their mini wagyu burgers ($8.9 for one, $17.5 for two).  The brioche is all the rage now, and housemade which is great, albeit just a tad dry for my liking.  The wagyu was certainly juicy though and made up for that!  There was quite a bit slaw and ironically I made quite a dripping mess eating this but it was very tasty!


I loved the pulled pork tacos ($17.9) though.  A perfect serve of pulled pork on soft toasted tortillas and a a side of fresh salsa, mayo and lime.  I really liked this dish and would definitely have it again.




Coffeehead also do their own roasts and there are lots of bags of beans for decoration and for sale. I really quite enjoyed our visit here and would definitely come again for both the coffee and the tacos and stalk the barista!)



Coffeehead on Urbanspoon

Highchair - Yes
Toilet - yes, and big enough to fit a pram.
 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I didn't know you could eat in there .. we are at the station all the time! I can't wait to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know where it was until I looked it up and realised how close this is!

      Delete
  2. Just one small correction. They do have highchairs there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that. Sorry I was mis-informed, I have now updated the information!

      Delete
  3. I got the pull pork taco last time we went there too :) But i don't think there were wagyu sliders last time damn I missed out! :P

    I hope all the medical tests have come back all good and you won't get sick anymore! Can't wait till we meet up in person :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great little review. I love the tacos but can't decide if the pulled pork or the fish tacos reign supreme. And where else in Melbourne can you choose from 5 different coffee beans at no extra cost?

    PhotoMonkley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little brioche buns are so cute but like you, sometimes I find that they're a bit dry and not as buttery good as I'd like :)

    ReplyDelete