Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Eat. @ Barry

85 High St, Northcote 3070 ph (03) 9481 7623


Now that I am working 4 days a week and Bubs is going to Kinder, we have one week day a week to spend together, and he always asks me to take him to eat "eggie", probably as the kid has been out to brunch so often since he was born he thinks brunching is just part of life!  When I caught up with Jo recently she suggested I try Barry so Bubs and I popped in here for "eggies" on my day off work.  The set up is modern and clean, and lots of Mummies and their Littlies were having catch ups on the day we were there.  The staff told me that it gets super busy on the weekends so I was glad we were there on a weekday!


Bubs has an insane love for poached eggs, so we ordered the Benedict poached eggs, with potato rosti, slow braised free range ham hock, apple cider hollandaise and granny's apples ($19).  The apple cider hollandaise is an interesting twist but to me it worked well, as I love my hollandaise tangy!  And just look at that oozy gooey beautiful yolk!


My mocha was super smooth and  pretty.  Yep, Melbourne standard reached!


If you have time there's a lovely display of baked goods at the counter for a sweet, and maybe another coffee?



Barry on Urbanspoon


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that eggs Benedict looks seriously amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that eggs benny looks SO SO SO good I am dying to try it at Barrys!!! Also nice egg pr0n!

    ReplyDelete