Saturday, June 15, 2013

Eat. @ A Little Bird Told Me

29 Little Latrobe St, Melbourne CBD 3000


A Little Bird told me a secret, about a little place called A Little Bird Told Me.  



Awesome coffee in a little shop near RMIT.  Lines of people waiting to get their daily fix of great coffee tells the story in itself.  My mocha ($5) was beautiful and delicate.


The carrot cake ($5) by Matt Forbes is one of the best I've ever had.  Moist, sweet but not too sweet, fragrant but not too spicy, topped with little piped dollops of cream cheese frosting sprinkled with nuts and peel.  Perfect with my morning coffee.


Beautifully simple and modern little shop, large communal tables and counter seats.  Friendly staff helped me find a place for Bubs and I.  Just be careful as the cool 3 legged chairs can be difficult to navigate for a toddler.  I will no doubt be back for more coffee and to try the other baked goodies.



A Little Bird Told Me... on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogging :) So good to see you posting again yay! I've put A Little Bird Told Me on my list but not sure when I can make it >_< Looks so good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much live there :P ahahha great write up missy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute cafe name! sydney has heaps of catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very nice! I want to visit! It's a little far from my daily commute :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way they frosted the carrot cake - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cool place for a quick coffee and so central too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was browsing the web and stumble upon your site with a similar name to ours. I love all the food pictures you posted, they look delicious. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete