Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Eat. @ The Honey Thief Bakery

140 Canterbury Rd, Blackburn ph (03) 9878 5984


The Honey Thief is a great little bakery out in the Eastern suburbs, near where I work.  So I didn't need a lot of convincing to pop over and try their baked goodies during one of my rare lunch breaks when I get the opportunity to leave the building!



Sitting in the midst of the Blackburn South strip mall, The Honey Thief boasts a bigger than average repertoir of goodies than the usual suburban bakeries.  Lots of enticing tarts, pastries, doughnuts, as well as coffee and lunch items like bagels and pies.



I've been multiple times but each time had been for grab-and-go due to the crazy amount of work at the moment.  Each time I've had a croissant ($4) on the run.  It's lovely and flakey, although I've found there are days when they are more flakey and others when they are more dense.  Still a pretty good croissant!



Then there are the doughnuts ($4)!!!  Salted caramel, nutella, and a lemon one (not pictured) all hit the spot.  The dough is soft and not too heavy, but filled with delicious decadence!



Their danishes are pretty decent too, although again there are days that I find they can be a bit more dense than I like.




I can tell you, the days I bring back a box of goodies like this I am a super popular Mum!


The Honey Thief Bakery also has a great range of breads baked daily including spelt and pumpkin.  It's so great to see great food moving to the masses in the (slightly more) outer suburbs as opposed to the inner city crowd!  More please!

Click to add a blog post for The Honey Thief Bakery on Zomato

3 comments:

  1. Did you miss out on the beestings? They are to die for. Warning, they sold out very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the beestings yet. They looks so good. I love custard, once I start on those I won't be able to stop!

      Delete
  2. Definitely going to check this out! I sometimes work nearby too! Where do you work? (Email me, and I'll tell you where I work too ;).

    ReplyDelete