Friday, November 15, 2013

Eat. @ Prospect Espresso

2A Prospect Hill Rd, Camberwell 3124 ph (03) 9882 7359



Prospect Espresso is another excellent little coffee place in Camberwell which serves up some pretty nice food.  I've been on a number of occasions when I've shopped at the Camberwell shops and have always enjoyed the coffee and pleasant food.  The staff have always been friendly, and extremely accommodating when I've had Bubs with me.


Coffee is their forte, and my mochas ($3.8) are consistently smooth and lovely.


Their Breakfast Roll ($12.5) with bacon, poached egg and hollandaise is a pretty filling breakfast.  I've had it "burger style", but it also works "deconstructed" when I've shared it with Bubs.


On my most recent visit I noticed the Buttermilk Panna Cotta ($12.5) served with mango mousse, passionfruit and amaretto biscuit on the breakfast menu.  I ummed and ahhhed about the decadence of having a dessert for breakfast/brunch - it's surely no more indulgent than having brioche french toast or sticky date pudding right?!  Boy, I was so glad I did.  Not only was the dish delicious, but I was surprised at how beautifully plated it was!  The flavours made me long for our still-missing-in-action Spring weather, with the light fruity mousse a perfect compliment to the oh-so-smooth panna cotta, the added almond crunch of the amaretto bikkies giving it the perfect textural kick.  I must say this is one of the most delightful dishes I've tried this year!


The little shop is always packed when I've visited, but the staff have always been friendly and helpful.  A must visit when shopping at Camberwell Junction!


Prospect Espresso on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. That panna cotta looks absolutely delicious. I definitely want to make the trek to Camberwell to check this place out. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is seriously one of the most STUNNING panna cottas I've ever seen. Wowsers to the max. I've been finding more and more excuses to head to Camberwell. Been there at night the past few times but looks like I'm missing out because the brunch scene looks too good to pass up. The perfect alternative to my usual Fitzroy or inner city brunch spots

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been here twice and both times left with a smile. The cafe's so cosy and the staff are friendly. food is good too!

    ReplyDelete